As of May 25th, 2018, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) imposes data privacy and data protection requirements to agents and institutions that control or process personal data within countries located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Such requirements apply to entities located in- and outside the EU, who control or process the personal data of anyone who is in the EU, regardless of EU citizenship.
ATTEST is an EU project, funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program. The sole responsibility for this website lies with INESC TEC, which is the leader of the project consortium. The European Commission is not responsible for any use of the information contained herein.
INESC TEC – Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology and Science, located at Campus da FEUP, Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 4200 – 465 Porto, Portugal, holds responsibility for the management of the ATTEST website, newsletters and social media profiles (LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube). For that reason, in what concerns the processing of personal data handled within the ATTEST website, INESC TEC is considered the Data Controller.
The ATTEST project aims to develop, test and validate an innovative suite of open-source tools to plan, upkeep and operate the energy systems of 2030 and beyond. It engages a variety of institutions in a project consortium:
• INESC TEC – Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Tecnologia e Ciência;
• The University of Manchester;
• Inovacijski Centar Nikola Tesla;
• Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology;
• Universidad Pontificia Comillas;
• Tech Rain SPA;
• HEP-Operator Distribucijskog Sustava DOO za Distribuciju i Opskrbu Elektricne Energijed DOO;
• Hrvatski Operator Prijenosnog Sustava DOO;
• Končar – Inzenjering za Energetikui Transport DD.
The Data Controller collects information that users deliberately provide on the ATTEST website, namely when they fill out forms, subscribe to a newsletter, or otherwise communicate with us.
Any personal data collected at the ATTEST website is locally stored, under the supervision of the Data Controller. It includes the following details about the user:
• First and last name;
• E-mail address;
• Company name;
• Company’s business activity.
Purpose of personal data processing
The Data Controller collects users’ personal data solely to the extent required to fulfil specific purposes:
• To notify users about changes to the website, updates and news on the ATTEST project, and to communicate about upcoming
events related to the project;
• To manage user applications to open calls;
• To establish new partnerships and collect feedback from the project’s stakeholders;
• To provide users with access to the ATTEST social media profiles;
• To deliver and monitor the performance of newsletters or any other marketing campaigns related to the project.
Disclosure and sharing of personal data
The personal data collected at the ATTEST website may be shared with the European Commission for compliance with auditing requirements. The Data Controller will not share users’ personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers.
The ATTEST website was developed by Modal Creativity with the contribution of all members of the project consortium.
Access to and control of personal information
Users’ personal data shall be processed and stored by the Data Controller for a maximum of 5 years, corresponding to the duration of the ATTEST project activities. Following the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, individuals may exert, during that period, their right to access, rectify, restrict, delete, or object to, their personal data, except when the ATTEST project is required to process such information to comply with a legal obligation; when the data is necessary for the execution of a contract to which the user is a party; or when it is to be used for a purpose for which the user has given unambiguous consent.
To access to, change or require removal of personal data, users may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
INESC TEC’s Data Protection Officer can also be reached at email@example.com .